Through The Growing Confidence Project, Shropshire Wildlife Trust, Fordhall Community Land Initiative and Field Studies Council - Preston Montford are delivering a wide range of different outdoor events and opportunities for young people aged 11-25 years old.
Shropshire Wildlife Trust
- Make your weekends wild Monthly work party every first Sunday a month for young people aged 11 - 25 who are looking to gain practical experience in the conservation sector. This will include a range of activity including coppicing, hedge laying and wildlife surveys.
- Wild Roots Youth Group Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month we run an outdoor themed youth group in Shrewsbury, come along to learn new skills, meet new people and have fun!
- Work experience placements Shropshire Wildlife Trust can offer work experience placements to find out what it is like to work in a conservation charity and gain a better understanding of what we do.
FSC Preston Montford
- Day courses Tailored natural history courses for those following in Darwin’s footsteps. Discover more about specific habitats and specialised species.
- Residential courses Further discovery and exploration into specific areas of natural history and conservation over a few days in the Shropshire countryside.
- Work experience placements FSC Preston Montford can offer work experience placements to find out what it is like to work at an environmental education charity and gain a better understanding of what we do
- Exploration events When school, college and universities break up for the holidays keep an eye out for fun at Fordhall. Events range from Forest survival days to Be a farmer sessions.
- Work experience placements Fordhall Farm can offer work experience placements to find out what it is like to work at a community farm and all that goes with it.
For Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Both Fordhall Farm and Shropshire Wildlife Trust run an outdoor practical alternative curriculum with schools for those who struggle in the classroom, this allows pupils to develop more practical land based skills and build confidence and self esteem.
- Project staff can attend careers fairs or talks.
- Ecotherapy sessions
- Conservation Volunteering days
- Wildlife ID days
- Work experience placements
If you are interested or would like to find out about anything on this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01743 284 284