- Greenfields Local Nature Reserve working parties on the third Wednesday of the month: 9.30 am - 3.30 pm.
- Butterfly surveys at Greenfields on 3rd Friday from March to October: 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- Visit the Greenfields LNR Facebook page.
All talks start at 7.30 pm at Whitchurch Infant & Nursery Academy off Station Road, SY13 1RJ [Grid ref SJ 547 413] Wildlife Trust members £3, Non-members £4, u18s £1, incl tea/coffee from 7.15pm
Wednesday 9th October - Health & Wellbeing with Wildlife in Mind a talk by Craig Baker of Shropshire Wildlife Trust's “Live Well, Work Well” project. More
Wednesday 13th November - Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? a talk by Michael Leach, the well-known wildlife author and cameraman. More
- Whitchurch is well known for being at the centre of a significant local water vole population. One place you might see these iconic creatures is in the brook under the footbridge between White Lion Meadow car park and the swimming pool.
- Greenfields Local Nature Reserve This SWT reserve on the western edge of town near the Llangollen Canal is managed by the Whitchurch Branch.
- Melverley Meadows [SWT Reserve] is about 3 miles south east just outside the village of Ash.
- Fenn's, Whixall and Bettisfield Mosses National Nature Reserve, home of the current BogLIFE project to restore the Marches Mosses, is only a few miles to the south west of town.
- Prees Heath Common, Butterfly Conservation's reserve for the silver-studded blue butterfly is just 2 miles to the south.
- Brown Moss [Shropshire Council countryside site] lies a mile to the south east.
Contact: Malcolm Monie
Whitchurch Branch events
We have several Nature Reserves in and around Whitchurch.