Outdoor fun and wild play activities, perfect for children aged 18 months to 5 years!
Join us every week for outdoor adventures with our inspiring Wildlings leaders. Children and grown-ups can play, explore, discover and investigate our two special outdoor spaces. Building dens, jumping in puddles, hunting for minibeasts and making mud pies is what Wildlings is all about!
Get to know other wild families and take some time out for relaxation, fresh air and fun. Whatever the season or weather, our campfire is always ready to warm you up.
Where and when
Wednesdays 10.30am - 12.00pm @ The Cut Visitor Centre, Shrewsbury, SY2 6AH
Thursdays 10.30am - 12.00pm @ Alderford Lake, Whitchurch, SY13 3JQ
New for April 2021! Booking information.
With the lifting of Government restrictions we are delighted to be able to relaunch Wildlings at Shrewsbury and Alderford Lake.
All bookings are for a block of 6 sessions during term time. We are not offering weekly bookings at this stage as we have limited spaces.
For further details including T's and C's see the drop down menu further down the page.
Book below for Alderford Lake, Thursdays 10.30am - 12.00pm
£36 for 6 sessions (term time only) starting Thursday 29th April.
Shrewsbury is now fully booked.
Please note the Alderford entry fee for the appropriate number of adults / children will still need to be paid each week and is not included in the £36. This can be paid on the gate but is cheaper online via their website.
We recognise that Wildlings provides an important support network for parents and children and, as such, we will continue to offer the group in line with the most recent government guidance.
In order to run activity sessions safely while the COVID-19 pandemic is still in effect, there are a number of restrictions put in place, which are in the best interest of our participants, staff and volunteers. We appreciate you following the guidelines we have set out. It is important that you read and agree to the following information before you book.
• During the session you will be required to socially distance from other households at the Government recommended 2m. This includes households that you may know. It is your responsibility to be aware of yours and your child's proximity to others.
• Each Wildlings session will have children from a maximum of 10 households, and each child is restricted to attending with one accompanying adult. If you are booking more than one child from the same household onto a session, each child is entitled to bring a separate adult, should you wish to. This is so we can ensure that social distancing measures are easily complied with and minimise the risk of overcrowding.
• All participants will be required to use sanitising hand gel on arrival. This will be provided by us and will be available for you to use at any additional points during the session, should you wish to.
• If you or a member of your household is showing ANY signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or you have been told by NHS Track and Trace to isolate, you must not attend the session.
• All equipment used on the day will be cleaned before and after each session and each household will have their own set for the duration of that session.
• Sessions take place completely outdoors at present with no indoor access or toilets. Please make sure that both you and your child are prepared for this and dressed appropriately for the weather conditions.
Good to know
Activities are most suitable for children aged 18 months to 5 years (babies in arms can attend for free if accompanying an older sibling).
We play outside whatever the weather and Wildlings tend to get wet and muddy, even when it’s not raining! Wellies (for adults too) and all-in-one waterproofs are good, even on dry days, and a towel and change of clothes is a good idea.
Please bring a drink for your child and any snacks required. For hygiene reasons we will not be providing a snack table at this time.
Wildlings - terms and conditions
Shropshire Wildlife Trust provides a fully trained leader to deliver Wildlings but does not supply child supervision. It is the sole responsibility of the adult booking onto the session to provide adult supervision for the child throughout the Wildlings session.
Health and safety
All events and activities for young people, families and children are risk assessed and will be led by a member of Shropshire Wildlife Trust staff or trained key volunteer. All event leaders have an enhanced DBS certificate and have undertaken safeguarding training. Shropshire Wildlife Trust has a health and safety policy and a safeguarding policy which are available on request.
Shropshire Wildlife Trust event leaders are all trained in outdoor first aid.
Events and activities will take place in all weather conditions unless deemed unsafe. Please ensure that you dress appropriately for the weather with suitable footwear.
In the event that Shropshire Wildlife Trust has to cancel an event or activity due to extreme weather conditions or other circumstances beyond our control, we will inform you at the earliest opportunity - either the day before the event or activity or on the morning of the event or activity using the email address or telephone number supplied on booking and will offer a full refund.
Please note that unless otherwise specified, dogs are not normally allowed at family events, unless they are guide dogs.
Cancellations and refunds
Places on all events and activities must be booked and paid for in advance, unless otherwise stated. You will receive confirmation of your booking and further information (where applicable) by email.
Places are non-refundable unless the event or activity is cancelled by the Trust.
Shropshire Wildlife Trust reserves the right to cancel an event or activity and, in these circumstances, will offer a full refund.
Applications to transfer to an alternative event or activity will be considered at our discretion and may result in the place being cancelled without refund if an alternative event or activity cannot be found.
All events and activities will run subject to a minimum number of attendees. The decision as to whether the event or activity goes ahead will be made no later than 48 hours in advance of the event or activity; you are, therefore, strongly advised to book before this time.
In the event that Shropshire Wildlife Trust has to cancel an event or activity due to extreme weather conditions or other circumstances beyond our control, we will inform you at the earliest opportunity and will offer a full refund.
Data protection and privacy